Privacy & Cookies
The RAF Central Fund (‘the Fund’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions for the Royal Air Force Sports Lottery (the Lottery) www.rafcf.org.uk/sports-lottery/rules/ sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by the Fund. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and applicable replacement legislation (the Act), the data controller is the Royal Air Force Central Fund, whose address is Hurricane Building, HQ Air Command, RAF High Wycombe, Bucks HP14 4UE.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Mrs Alicia Chivers.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.rafcf.org.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering for the Lottery, subscribing to email alerts or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by the Fund, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- The Fund may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
2. IP ADDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring users are finding what they’re looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us, for example, to pre-populate log-in details and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may transfer your personal data to third parties in countries outside the UK for further processing in accordance with the purposes set out in paragraph 5 below. In these circumstances we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate technical, organisation, contractual or other lawful means. Please contact the Mrs Alicia Chivers for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your Personal Data and privacy rights in these circumstances.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To operate and administer the Lottery
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, where these are available and you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To send you marketing communications which we consider may be of interest to you.
- To enable our suppliers and service providers to carry out certain functions on our behalf, including payment processing, verification, technical, logistical or other functions.
- To resolve any complaints or disputes with you.
- To ensure the security of your account and our business, preventing or detecting fraud or abuses of our website, for example, by requesting verification information in order to reset your account password.
- To comply with applicable law, for example, in response to a request from a court or regulatory body, where such request is made in accordance with the law.
The legal basis for us processing your personal data for the purposes described above will typically be because you have provided us with your consent or because we have to process your personal data to fulfil a contract that we have in place with you. However, we may also rely on other legal grounds, for example, where the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests or for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Fund is subject
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions www.rafcf.org.uk/sports-lottery/rules/.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of the Fund or others.
- To our outsourced service providers or suppliers to facilitate the provision of our services.
- To another legal entity, on a temporary or permanent basis, for the purposes of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganisation, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event. In the case of a merger or sale, your personal data will be permanently transferred to a successor company.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
7. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be retained for as long as reasonably necessary to satisfy the purposes listed in paragraph 5 above, unless longer retention is required by applicable local law or where we have a legitimate and lawful reason. The retention of your personal data will be subject to periodic review.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act provides individuals with numerous rights, including the right to: access, rectify, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of, their personal data. Individuals may also have the right to lodge a complaint with Information Commissioner’s Office if they believe that their Personal Data is not being processed in accordance with the Act. If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact Mrs Alicia Chivers whose contact details are set out in paragraph 10 below.
Please note that your right of access may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Please note that this website is not intended for children under the age of 16.