September 22, 2021
CALLING ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE MYZONE USERS!
22 September is National Fitness Day and to mark the occasion and encourage as many of you to get as physically active as possible we are launching the RAF Myzone National Fitness Day Challenge, an inter-facility competition powered by the RAF Central Fund.
How does it work?
- You will be sent an invitation to the challenge on your Myzone App or by Email.
- The 24-hour challenge will start at 00:01 on 22 September and finishing at 23:59 the same day.
- The idea is to earn as many Myzone Effort Points (MEPs) as you can in that 24-hour period.
- Points earned in all the Myzone Effort Zones will count so you don’t have to be super fit to take part.
- As an Inter-Facility challenge you will be earning MEPs for your facility (be that a Station, Sports Association or the RAF Central Fund), each of which will be competing for the challenge trophy!
- You have to earn at least 100 MEPs for your points to count and the collective points are averaged out by the number of participants taking part in each facility. This will keep the challenge fair regardless of the size of the Myzone facility taking part.
- There will also be individual prizes for the top 3 MEP earners over the entire competition:
1st – MZ Switch
2nd – MZ Compression Top
3rd – MZ Scales
Which Myzone Facilities are taking part so far?
- RAF Athletics
- RAF Benson
- RAF Brize Norton
- RAF Central Fund
- RAF Fylingdales
- RAF High Wycombe
- RAF Honington
- RAF Leeming
- RAF St Mawgan
- RAF Odiham
- RAF Rugby League
- RAF Waddington
- RAF Wyton
What if my Station or Sports Association doesn’t have a Myzone Facility?
No problem! You can join the RAF Central Fund’s Facility by contacting Myzone through the App or on their website (www.myzone.org) and asking to move on to our Facility code which is RAFCFUK000.
How do I take part if I don’t have a Myzone belt?
Some of the RAF Stations have pooled Myzone belts that they loan out so if your Station is listed above then get in touch with the gym and find out.
Can I use the event as a charity fundraiser?
Absolutely! We would love everyone taking part to show their support by making a donation to our charity or setting up a fundraising page. We are registered with Just Giving and Virgin Money Giving and you can find direct links to these fundraising platforms here.
26th August 2021
26th August 2021
Supporting Personnel During a Pandemic
11th August 2021
Support the RAF Central Fund
You make our work possible. Your donation can change lives.
Support the RAF Central Fund and win £10,000 Cash
Your chance to win from thousands of £s worth of prizes every week whilst supporting your RAF charity and enabling us to fund sport and physical activities across the RAF.