Whether trying an activity for the first time, competing Internationally, attending a course or purchasing equipment, we are here to help you to develop through sport throughout your RAF career.
Supporting You – Sports Grant Funding
We are currently able to support serving personnel through sport. We define serving personnel as:
- Individuals currently serving in the Royal Air Force
- Members of the Royal Air Force Reserves
We are currently unable to provide support to individuals who have retired from the RAF, Air Cadets (Air Training Corp or Combined Cadet Force) or Civil Servants. We will however always try to signpost those that we aren’t able to assist directly to the most appropriate charity or organisation.
The Fund provides financial support directly to the RAF Sports Associations. Applicants or others seeking guidance with regards to the availability of RAF Sports Association level support should contact the relevant Association.
Did you know… In 2017 we awarded funding support in excess of £2.8 million to encourage and develop our RAF colleagues through participation in sport. These funds are generated through the RAF Sports Lottery, make sure you have signed up online at www.rafcf.org.uk/sports-lottery
Available funding 2018
SPORTS GRANTS – INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMME
Annual funding is available to assist with the costs of your chosen sporting activities, such as kit required to play/compete and/or specialist equipment, as well as competition and event entry fees. The Fund will also consider applications for charitable support towards sporting activities that are not recognised for public funding by the Armed Forces Sports Board
SPORTS GRANTS – GROUP PROGRAMME
Annual funding is available towards group participation in expeditions, UK and overseas visits, tours and other events. For station kit and equipment grant funding please apply via our enrichment grant funding programme. Please note – we are unable to fund Force Development (FD) or Adventurous Training (AT) activities
HOW TO APPLY – 2018 SPORTS GRANTS FUNDING
Here are the details for the process of applying for sports grant funding from the RAF Central Fund. It is advised that all applicants read through the corresponding guidance document in advance of preparing their application and refer to the Sports Grants Policy for further clarification on points. All applications should be submitted on the relevant 2018 Sports Grant application form as any applications made on old forms will not be accepted.
Please ensure your application is only associated with costs incurred in 2018 and note that we are unable to fund items already bought prior to the date your application is submitted to the Fund.
- Read through the relevant guidance document (see Application Downloads) for detailed information and eligibility. Please note, if these fail to load, try using an alternative web browser, such as Chrome.
- For clarification on any information found in the guidance, please refer to the 2018 Sports Grants Policy document (see Application Downloads).
- Applications may be submitted for consideration until 30 September 2018. Please note, we are unable to support applications for retrospective funding.
- Download and save the relevant application form (see downloads), check your eligibility for funding and fill in your details accurately. If an application is incomplete or incorrectly detailed it may cause delay or could result in your application being declined.
- Once your application form is complete, you have done your final checks and are content that you have complied with the 2018 Sports Grants Policy, please sign and date, then forward to the relevant endorser for your sport and competing level for their endorsement.
- Once endorsed, you should then email your completed application form to the Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only electronic applications on the 2018 application form will be accepted.
- Once received, we will acknowledge the submission of your application by email. Your application is not deemed to have been received until this acknowledgement has been sent. If you fail to receive this, please contact us well in advance of the submission deadline of 30 September 2018 to check. Please note, submission to your endorser cannot be taken as confirmation that your application has been received by the Fund.
- Your application will be individually reviewed by the Fund’s grants team on a first-come-first-served basis.
- If/when your application is approved you will receive an email confirming when your grant funding will be paid. If you have received a charitable grant please share your news about your sporting endeavours with others via email or social media (see details below).
- Audit of Applications: Please keep all receipts for at least 12 months. Should you be requested to provide evidence/receipts for audit purposes, please supply this within 28 days.
The Future of Sport is up to you
You can help the Fund to make a difference – the RAF Sports Lottery is our main source of fundraising which enables us to continue supporting you throughout your time serving in the RAF. Sign up for your tickets today to be in with a chance of winning from the total prize pot of £25,000 each week, whilst supporting grant funding for serving personnel.
You may not always need funding from the RAF Central Fund, but as a charity we need continued support to enable us to respond to the increasing demand for funding for sport. The RAF Sports Lottery is our only funding resource and you can support us by signing up for your tickets online or why not share details of how to support us?
Make us your charity of choice – support us further by fundraising for the RAF Central Fund. Whether you are taking on a personal or team challenge, or coming together for an event, help us to help you more.
Share your story
We are also proud of the work we do to support you, so please show your support by featuring us on you branding. Just like your rank and epaulettes, we want you to wear our emblem correctly and with pride. Please contact us for our brand guidelines and we would be happy to supply you with a copy of our emblem!