Whether trying an activity for the first time, competing Internationally, attending a course or purchasing equipment, we are here to help you to develop through sport throughout your RAF career.
Supporting You – Sports Grant Funding 2017
As your charity, we are absolutely committed to working with you to find the best methods support you and enhance your life experiences during your time with the RAF.
We are currently able to support serving personnel, their immediate family and support network. We define serving personnel as:
- Individuals currently serving in the Royal Air Force
- Members of the Royal Air Force Reserves
We are currently unable to provide support to individuals who have retired from the RAF, Air Cadets (Air Training Corp or Combined Cadet Force) or Civil Servants. We will however always try to signpost those that we aren’t able to assist directly to the most appropriate charity or organisation.
The Fund provides support directly to the RAF Sports Associations. Applicants or others seeking guidance with regards to the availability of RAF Sports Association level support should contact the relevant Association.
Did you know… In 2016 we awarded funding support in excess of £2.4million to encourage and develop our RAF colleagues through participation in sport
Available funding 2017
INDIVIDUAL SEASONAL GRANT FUNDING
Annual funding is available to assist with the costs of your chosen sports such as kit and specialist equipment, as well as competition and event entry fees. The Fund will consider support towards participation in activities which are not recognised for public funding by the Armed Forces Sports Board
UNIT GRANT FUNDING
Annual funding is available towards group participation in expeditions, UK and overseas visits, tours and other events. For unit kit and equipment grant funding please apply via our enrichment grant funding programme
How to Apply
- Read through our sports grant funding policy (see downloads) for detailed guidance and eligibility – please note if these fail to load please use an alternative web browser such as Chrome
- Applications may be submitted for consideration at any time until 30 September 2017, however applications for retrospective funding will not be supported
- Download, complete and save the relevant application form (please note – only these forms will be accepted in 2017, please delete any previous forms you may have saved)
- Once you are content you have complied with the policy and completed the form, please sign and date and forward to the relevant endorser* for their comments and sign-off before submission
- You should then email completed application forms to email@example.com. Please note – only electronic applications will be accepted
- We will acknowledge your submission by email. Your application is not deemed to have been received until this acknowledgement has been sent
- Your grant application will be individually reviewed by the grants team
- If approved, you will receive an email stating a time frame of when the grant will be paid
- Should you be requested to provide evidence for audit purposes, please supply this within 28 days
Please note – the time frame for the grant funding process can vary from application to application. Please allow a minimum of 6 weeks from the date we receive your application for confirmation of your outcome.
*Endorsers – please note that guidance on how to endorse an application will be available to download soon. In the interim, if you have any questions please contact us.
Should you require any further assistance or are not sure if you are eligible for funding please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01494 569135 or 95221 6458.
You can help the Fund to make a difference – the RAF Sports Lottery is our main source of fundraising which enables us to continue supporting you throughout your time serving in the RAF. Sign up for your tickets online to be in with a chance of winning from the total prize pot of £25,000 each week.
Make us your charity of choice – support us further by fundraising for the RAF Central Fund. Whether you are taking on a personal or team challenge, or coming together for an event, help us to help you more.
Share your story
We love to hear how our funding is supporting you or your unit, so please share your stories with us using this form RAF Central Fund – Tell us your story and send to email@example.com, or call us on 01494 569138.
We are also proud of the work we do to support you, so please show your support by featuring us on you branding. Just like your rank and epaulettes, we want you to wear our emblem correctly and with pride. Please contact us for a copy of the emblem and brand guidelines.