At the Fund we are dedicated to providing support to serving RAF personnel to develop, achieve and help create an enhanced sense of well-being, morale, esprit de corps and community cohesion. From our origins in 1919, through to the present day, we remain steadfast in our duty to support those who serve in the RAF.
An enhanced lived experience of serving RAF personnel.
The RAF Central Fund will:
- Support the motivation, morale and community cohesion of serving RAF personnel and their families;
- Support the development of individuals through their participation in sport, promoting well-being, esprit de corps and an enriched life experience.
- 1919 – 1922 Formation of the Air Council Central Fund to collate from disbanded RAF units monies donated to support the welfare of others in RAF service by both Commissioned and Non-Commissioned RAF personnel
- 1922 – 1937 The continued input and amalgamation of non-public welfare funds to ‘improve the amenities of service life for the benefit of serving personnel
- 1937 Fund renamed ‘RAF Central Reserve Fund’ and the objects of the Fund widened to allow for the provision of support towards the formation of Messes and Service Institutes at new RAF Units
- 1943 Fund registered under its current name as the ‘RAF Central Fund’
- 1993 RAF Sports Lottery established by the charity to generate additional funding to supplement income generated from invested monies
- 2007 The Mechanics Fund amalgamated into the Fund with the objectives of providing enrichment funding to support RAF trainees
- 2014 Fund incorporated with charitable constitution which reconfirms its original charitable purpose of providing enduring support to our serving personnel
- 2017 The Fund continues to work with our RAF colleagues to identify and respond to the evolving needs of our beneficiaries
For any RAF Central Fund and RAF Sports Lottery enquiries please contact us via our contact us page.