The Rules of the RAF Sports Lottery
- The RAF Sports Lottery is operated as a subscription based Society Lottery under the Gambling Act 2005 as amended and is licensed by the Gambling Commission under licence numbers 000-005199-N-305452-010 and 000-005199-R-322422-002.
- The Lottery is promoted by the Promoter and conducted for the benefit of The RAF Central Fund.
- The person responsible for the promotion of the RAF Sports Lottery is Mrs Alicia Chivers.
- By entering the RAF Sports Lottery, members agree to be bound by these Rules.
- ‘Act’ – The Gambling Act 2005
- ‘Chance(s)’ – The entry (ies) into the Lottery
- ‘Draw’ – The process by which winners are selected
- ‘Fund’ – The RAF Central Fund, a charity registered in England and Wales 1152560 and in Scotland SC044299
- ‘Lottery’ – The RAF Sports Lottery
- ‘Member’ – An individual who has registered with the Lottery
- ‘Promoter’ – The designated individual nominated by the RAF Central Fund to promote the Lottery
- ‘RAF’ – The Royal Air Force
- ‘Rules’ – The rules of the RAF Sports Lottery as set out below and amended from time to time
- ‘Website’ – www.rafcf.org.uk
3. Entry into the RAF Sports Lottery
- The Lottery is promoted throughout Great Britain in accordance with the Act as amended. In order to comply with the Act, during the purchase of Chances you will be required to confirm that:
- You are at least 16 years of age.
- You will not buy or claim to buy Chances on behalf of any other person.
- In order to comply with the Act Chances that have been purchased and entered into the Draw for which they were intended are prohibited from being subsequently refunded.
- No employee or officer of the Fund is eligible to become a Member or buy any Chances during their tenure of office at the Fund.
- By entering into the Lottery you agree to be bound by the Rules, and applicable provisions of the Act and any relevant regulations from time to time. The Fund, including the Lottery, the Promotor (Mrs Alicia Chivers) and the Lottery management company, shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you if you have not complied with the Rules. The Rules may be amended by the Promoter (Mrs Alicia Chivers) from time to time. Any significant amendments to the Rules will be published on the Website and, wherever possible, notified to all Members at least one month prior to a change being made.
- This Lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the Gamble Aware helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit the website on www.gambleaware.co.uk.
- The maximum number of Chances an individual is permitted to purchase in any one Draw is five.
- The Fund operates a self-exclusion scheme. If you require any further information on the Lottery’s self-exclusion policy please see here. If you would like to speak to someone about self exclusion please contact us at 0370 050 5893 or via email to email@example.com. Please also note that software is available to prevent an individual computer from accessing gambling internet sites – for further information see GambleAware – Self-Exclusion.
4. Registration with the Lottery
- You can only enter the Lottery following registration which will include the completion of an application form(s).
- You will be required to provide the following information on registration:
- For Members currently serving in the RAF: name, current Unit/Base, contact MOD personal email address and contact phone number. For retired RAF Members: name, email address, contact phone number and address. This information will allow us to contact you to confirm your status as a Member (or otherwise) and contact you if you have won a prize.
- Confirmation that you are a serving member or have served in the RAF.
- Confirmation that you are over 16 years of age, in order to ensure compliance with the Act.
- The number of Chances in the Lottery you wish to purchase.
- You will also be required to provide information relating to the purchase of your Chances. Payment may be made via the following methods and the relevant information required will vary depending upon the payment method.
- Direct Debit: Information required will include your bank or building society details together with an instruction to such bank or building society to make payments by Direct Debit.
- Credit Card: Information required will include card number, expiry date and card security number.
- Any other method made available by the Lottery from time to time.
- The Fund shall be entitled to take any steps necessary to verify the above information and to process your registration. The Fund may (in its absolute discretion) refuse to accept an application by an individual to become a Member of the Lottery.
- Following registration the Lottery will send you confirmation of your Chance(s). If you have chosen to pay by Direct Debit you will receive an Advance Notification email. The confirmation will specify your ticket number(s) and the first Draw into which you will be entered and will confirm your contact details provided to the Lottery as part of your registration.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate.
- If you discover any error in your name, address or any other details provided to the Lottery as part of your registration when you receive your confirmation then you must correct this by notifying the Lottery promptly by email. The Lottery will make any required corrections as soon as reasonably possible. The Fund shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you until such correction has been made. Any correction notified to the Lottery shall only become effective once the correction has been made and updated on the system.
- Each ticket number is unique and randomly generated. A randomly selected ticket number(s) will be issued to you with your confirmation of entry.
- Payment for Chances may be made by the following methods:
- Direct Debit.
- Credit Card.
- Any other method made available by the Lottery from time to time.
- Payments for Chance(s) are made directly to the Lottery. Therefore:
- Direct Debit payments will be referenced as Sterling Management Centre RE: RAF Sports Lottery (or similar) on your bank statement.
- Credit Card payments will be referenced as RAF Sports Lottery on your card statement.
- Any other method made available by the Lottery from time to time would also be referenced as or be payable to RAF Sports Lottery on any appropriate documentation.
- The price for each Chance is £1 only. You acknowledge that the payment of £1 per Chance does not guarantee that you will win any prize.
- Payment for Chances can only be made in advance on a monthly, quarterly, half yearly or annual basis.
- Your Chances and therefore associated ticket number(s) will not be entered into the Draw unless the Lottery has received all amounts payable (in cleared funds) relating to the relevant ticket number(s) and Chances by 12 noon on the Thursday prior to the relevant Draw. If there is a dispute regarding whether Chances have been paid for then such dispute shall be resolved by reference to details included in official statements from the bank with which the Lottery’s bank accounts operate.
- Direct Debit payments will be entered into the first available Draw three working days after the collection has been made from your bank account. You will be notified of your first Draw date in writing. If you do not receive this notification it may be because we hold incorrect contact details for you. Please contact the Lottery helpline on 0370 050 5893 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this notification.
- You may cancel your entry into the Lottery by notifying the Lottery in writing or by e-mail. Upon receipt of this notice the Lottery will;
- Cancel future Direct Debit payments as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- In accordance with the Act and as described in Rule 3.3 any payments made prior to such cancellation taking effect but which have not been used to pay for Chances in previous Draws will be used to pay for entry for your Chances into future Draws.
- The Fund may cancel your entry into the Lottery (in its absolute discretion) at any time. The Fund will notify you accordingly as soon as reasonably practicable and will reimburse any amounts which have been paid but relate to future Draws. Other than the reimbursement of any such amounts, the Fund shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you in relation to such cancellation.
- All Member entry funds for use in future Draws paid to the Lottery are held in trustee status to maintain a separation from the Fund’s own funds to protect those funds in the unlikely event of insolvency of the Fund. The level of protection provided for the segregated funds is deemed to be medium per current Gambling Commission guidance. For further information on this please see the Gambling Commission’s guidance here.
6. Changes to Member Details
- Any changes to your details as provided by you upon registration should be notified in the first instance to the Lottery helpline on 0370 050 5893 or via email to email@example.com.
- Members can amend their personal details or number of Chances held by initially contacting the Lottery helpline on 0370 050 5893 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Changes to the bank or building society specified during registration will require the completion of a new Direct Debit Instruction. Further information regarding this can be obtained from the Lottery helpline upon request (see Rule 6.2 for contact information).
- The Draw will be run at our Lottery management company’s offices every Friday. If a Draw cannot take place on the date indicated for reasons that are beyond our control (for example because there is a Bank Holiday on a Friday), it will take place as soon as reasonably possible after that date. The Fund will provide updates on social media and the Website as necessary.
- In order to comply with the Act only those Chances for which payment has been received are eligible for entry into the Draw.
- Ten cash prizes will be issued per weekly Draw. Prizes are issued as follows:
- First Prize £10,000
- Second Prize £5,000
- Third Prize £3,000
- Fourth Prize £1,000
- Fifth Prize £1,000
- Sixth Prize £1,000
- Seventh Prize £1,000
- Eighth Prize £1,000
- Ninth Prize £1,000
- Tenth Prize £1,000
- The Lottery reserves the right to amend the prizes at any time for reasons beyond its reasonable control. Any such changes will be published on the Website at least one month prior to a change being made.
- Each ticket number shall only be entitled to win one prize in any one Draw.
- The results of each Draw will be published on the Website within one week of the date of the Draw and may also be published in any other manner determined by the Lottery from time to time.
- Winners will be notified by email within one week of the date of the Draw.
- Payment of prizes will be made via direct electronic credit to the Member (only) wherever possible.
- The Lottery reserves the right to withhold the payment of any prize until it is entirely satisfied that the Member who has won the prize has fully complied with the Rules.
- If, upon winning any prize in the Lottery, you are unable to prove that you have met the criteria specified in Rules 3.1 (a) and (b) and Rule 4.2 above then you will not be entitled to receive that (or any other) prize. Any such prizes will be credited to the Lottery main account and your account will be closed.
- There are no alternatives to the prizes offered, the prizes are non-transferable and no interest is payable.
- Any unclaimed prizes will be retained by the Fund until the Member is contacted. If the Member cannot be contacted within sixty months of the Draw the prize will be re-credited to the Lottery main account.
- Upon registration Members will be asked if they are content for their details to be publicised if they win a Draw. If the Member agrees, the Fund reserves the right to use the name, unit and rank (if applicable) of the Member, their photograph and audio/or visual recordings of them in any related publicity. However, winning Members will be asked for a second time when they are notified that they have won a Draw whether or not they are content for their details to be shared and used for publicity purposes. If they are not, then the winner will remain anonymous in the related publicity.
9. Suspension of the Lottery
- The Fund may (in its absolute discretion) suspend the Lottery for any period of time. During such period, the Lottery shall:
- suspend Direct Debit payments from your bank or building society account as soon as reasonably practicable, and;
- retain any amounts which were paid prior to such suspension taking effect that have not been used to pay for Chances in previous Draws.
- You will be notified of further details regarding the resumption of the Lottery or otherwise as soon as reasonably practicable after the date of suspension in writing.
- The Fund, including the Lottery, the Promotor (Mrs Alicia Chivers) and Lottery management company, shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you arising from:
- any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by the Fund or you from time to time;
- any delays or failures in any systems used by the Fund or you to transmit e-mails or electronic communications;
- any failure in any software or other systems used by the Fund for the administration of the Lottery;
- any delays or failures in the banking system used by the Fund or you;
- any refusal by the Lottery to accept registration of an individual as a Member or the cancellation of a Member by the Lottery;
- any failure to enter your Chance into the Draw; and/or
- any event beyond the reasonable control of the Fund.
- The Fund, including the Lottery, the Promotor (Mrs Alicia Chivers) and Lottery management company, shall not be liable to you in contract, tort, and negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Lottery (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/or the chance of winning a prize).
- The Lottery complaints procedure exists to ensure that any Member matters regarding the Lottery are dealt with promptly and in confidence.
- Any complaints relating to the Lottery should in the first instance be directed to the Lottery helpline on 0370 050 5893. The complaint will be formally recorded and subject to monitoring.
- If the complaint is not resolved at the initial stage the Member can write, providing full details of the complaint to the Fund Marketing and Communications Manager at the Lottery address below. The complaint will be acknowledged within 48 hours and a full written response can be expected within 10 working days of the acknowledgement.
- If the complaint remains unresolved it will be referred to the Promoter (Mrs Alicia Chivers). A full written response will be provided within 10 working days of acknowledgement of the complaint by the Promoter (Mrs Alicia Chivers). Where it is necessary to seek additional time to respond this will be explained to the Member.
- Unresolved matters can be taken to alternative dispute resolution (ADR) for arbitration. The process provides a mediation approach to the matter at no cost to the Member. The mediator will report on the outcome of the dispute to the Gambling Commission and the Lottery will abide by the mediator’s decision or recommendations. Arbitration matters will be referred to IBAS (Independent Betting Adjudication Services (www.ibas-uk.com)).
- Save where the Rules expressly provide otherwise, the Promoter (Mrs Alicia Chivers) shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence.
- The Member has the right to access the information the Fund holds about them. To obtain this information, contact the Data Controller, RAF Central Fund, Hurricane Building, HQ Air Command, RAF High Wycombe, HP14 4UE in writing. The Member will be asked to provide proof of identity prior to personal information being disclosed to them.
- We may share aggregated, anonymised information with third parties. This will not contain personal information that can identify any individual person.
- We may be obliged to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, for example to statutory bodies such as the Gambling Commission or other government bodies.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Rules and the Fund and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
14. Contact Address
Comments, questions and complaints should be addressed in the first instance to:
RAF Sports Lottery helpline: 0370 050 5893
RAF Sports Lottery contact address:
FAO: The Lottery Promoter, Mrs Alicia Chivers
RAF Sports Lottery
HQ Air Command
RAF High Wycombe